Monday, April 17, 2017

Crowley’s Ridge’s Yates and GGC’s Souris Selected as the A.I.I.’s Baseball Players of the Week



The Association of Independent Institutions (A.I.I.) announced on Monday that Jerad Yates of Crowley's Ridge was named its Player of the Week while Tyler Souris of Georgia Gwinnett was tabbed as the Pitcher of the Week for the duration of April 10-16.

Yates, a senior from Bell City, Mo., led the Pioneers to a 4-2 record on the week, picking up key wins against Rust College (Miss.) and Lane College (Tenn.).  During the six-game stretch, the outfielder posted a .429 batting average and .810 slugging percentage, leading Crowley's Ridge with 10 RBIs on nine hits, including two doubles and a home run.  Yates scored on seven occasions and went a perfect 3-for-3 in stolen base attempts.  Monday's selection is Yates' first A.I.I. Player of the Week honor in the 2017 season.



Read more...

No comments: